Stuff those veggies!
Stuffed Zucchini and Tomatoes
Makes 2 servings
2 Zucchini Round, hollowed out
2 Tomatoes, Round, hollowed out
1-cup (250 g) fagioli bianco in baratola
½ red onion (tropea), diced finely½ shallot, minced
2 T yellow peppers, cored, seeded, diced
2 T carrot, peeled and diced
1 clove garlic, peeled minced
Salt and Pepper
Thyme, Oregano, Chives
1.Core and blanch the zucchini. Bring a pot of water to a boil. Drop the zucchini into the boiling water and cook until slightly softened, about 2 minutes. Remove.
2. Core the tomatoes. Reserve the juices. Save the pulp and dice.
3. Strain the beans and rinse under cold water.
4. Using a sauté pan, drizzle enough olive oil to coat the bottom of the pan. Heat over medium heat. Lower the heat and add the onions and shallots. Cook for about 3 minutes.
5. Add the yellow pepper, carrots, garlic and sauté 2 to 3 minutes. Add the juice and pulp of the tomatoes. Cook until the vegetables are soft.
6. Add the herbs, salt and pepper.7. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Place the tomatoes and zucchini on the pan. Fill each vegetable with the white bean mixture.
8. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes or until the vegetables begin to soften and the tops are golden brown. Serve warm.