Stuzzichini: Italian cocktail party ideas
What better way to bring in 2017 than to host a get-together with a table laden with stuzzichini - bite-sized foods designed to stimulate your palate. Add a few carefully selected Italian wines and you'll have the perfect combination for an Italian cocktail party.
Here are some suggestions :
- A selection of the best high-quality salami from your local Italian market (or maybe bring out the salami you smuggled in from your last trip to Italy). These may include prosciutto, salami, capoccolo, lardo,soppressatta
- Some Italian cheeses that range from hard to soft such as parmigiano reggiano, Tuscan pecorino, taleggio, robiolo, stracchino, a sweet gorgonzola, montasio, fontina
- Baskets of herb flavored grissini (breadsticks) and salted foccacia,
- crostini with some toppings like garlicky broccoli rabe,mashed cauliflower, caponata, peppered ricotta
- pinzimonio, which are a selection of crisp, crunchy raw veggies paired with great olive oil & salt for dipping
- bowls of black & green olives (from Italy of course)
- A selection of marinated vegetables such as mushrooms, zucchini, sun-dried tomatoes, grilled eggplant, roasted peppers
- Miniature meatballs
- White bean & Tomato Salad
And, finish the night off with a slice of panettone, a once-a-year buttery cake bread studded with raisins and candied citrus rind!